Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A touch of the Irish

I have a fondness for the turning of the seasons; even if this year I'm not quite ready to let go of Winter. 
I do enjoy Spring, and the abundance of plants and flowers it brings.  

I have been keeping a plant on my desk at work for a while now. I first started with a plant from home in a pretty pot. 


I forget what this plant is called. I loved it and have plans on having much more of them in my garden this year. 

I then moved on to a different plant when my first one was not doing so well. 


I went for a hyancyth in a beautiful deep blue-purple. This was a great choice as it stayed in bloom and was very fragrant. 

After a while it did finally stop blooming and was needing to go home to get planted into the ground. 

Which leads me to now. It's March. I do have Irish and Scotish heritage. I love, love, love St. Patrick's day as a celebration of all things Irish. 

It should come as no surprise that I have gone with this plant. 


A very dainty Shamrock. I chose the plum Shamrock as I like the play of sunlight on and through the leaves. 

I am also totally planning on having some really tasty St. Paddy's food next week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment