Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A pink afghan Ta-Da!! Well, kinda....

     Happy Friday!! The weekend is almost here! Yay!  I am looking forward to heading out to the Buford Farmers Market tomorrow with  couple of friends. This market is full of yummy, yummy international foods! Mmmm. My tummy is excited just thinking about it! 

    Okay, so about the everlasting Pink Afghan?! Well, I have done it! I've used up all of my lovely pink lushish yarn on the afghan!  There however seems to be a problem with it.
     It's so not big enough!! LOL. Right now it's just slightly larger than a lap blanket. I'm hoping to make it a bedspread to go on my camping cot, or just to wrap up in whenever I feel like it. Which shall be often. It's so, so, so soft!! 
     But it looks like I will need so much more yarn!

     I am hoping to get more of this pink, and a grey, or lilac color to keep adding to it's size. If I can not get more of the Cestari yarn, then I'll have to see if my lys has any ideas on what yarn would work.
     The information about the yarn can be found here: http://cestariltd.fatcow.com/store/yarn_cotton_wool_silk_blend.html
     This yarn, I can not tell you enough how soft and Squishy this yarn is!! So, so, so soft!

     I love this edging, even though it will not stay an edging. This is how I did the technique earlier in the afghan. The next row will be a *ch 3 (or 4) and sc into center of shell, and repeat from *. 

         My lace shawl is coming along swimmingly! And I had decided that the heavier shawl needed to be done with a much larger hook. So last night I ripped that little puppy out and restarted it! It is now bigger than what I had undone! Thicker yarns sure do work up so much faster than the lace weight yarns! LOL of course, I'm also using the K hook; that just might have a bit of something to do with the speed of the hooking. :-)  

   What projects do you have on huge hook, or needles?

     Ttfn
          Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment