Sunday, November 23, 2014

Cold wet days makes for an evening of warm baking!

It has been rainy and cold all day today. It has also been the beginning of the "Great Autumn Purge".  Every year at this time I suffer form the need to do a massive deep cleaning. I start seeing ideas for parties, and festive gatherings, and it creates a need for me to have a space I want to invite people to.  Last year, this got started, but never really finished.  So this year, It Will Be Done!!  Shae and I got started a bit yesterday, and today I was so thrilled when all my guys helped me with the moving of boxes, making more boxes of fabric to move (I inherited a lot of fabric from my husbands Grannie!), and then moved some of those same boxes to a different place.  Then came the moving of the living room furniture!  And Not One Gripe!!  It may have had something to do with the promise of brownies.  Better yet, Brownie Waffles!

So, for Brownie Waffles take one package of Baker's Unsweetened Cocoa, and follow the recipe on the box.
     Thick and gooey batter. Using a scoop, or a measuring cup as I did, ladle into waffle maker.

     Wait calmly while the yummy smell of brownie goodness fills your kitchen.

     And then eat and enjoy the fantastic joy of waffle brownies...or brownie waffles.  Either way, they are just plain good!!  I added a bit of nutmeg and cayenne pepper to these, and I think it took them up to an even better level of yummy!

This lovely spot is from last night, before today's great purge has it now covered in fabric to sort and box up for use.  I have a thing for quaint and cute chairs.  I like to call them "Grannie Chairs".  I have this spot by the front window so I can sit in the mornings with the light shining in and read, crochet, or nap with a Persephone in my lap.
     Also, I am loving having my old shelf back to being used as a china cabinet for some of my tea cups and tea pots.  Love it!!

What do you like to do on wet rainy days?
ttfn
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment