Monday, January 9, 2012

Starting off the New Year as a busy, busy bee! A TA-DAA to show!!

I have been in a creative rush, flush, and push since the begging of the New Year!  I am active  with a group called the SCA .  We participate in Medieval re-enactments.  Myself and another Lady in the society decided to make scrolls for our upcoming event this past Saturday.  
So, I have a TA-DAA to show you!!  

  
This is the first one to be drawn by me.  The knot work was traced out, but everything else was hand drawn by my own little hands! :-) The calligraphy on this first scroll was done by a friend of mine in the society.
   
This scroll was the second one draw, first one painted, and the calligraphy was also done by me!!  I am so very proud of myself for making this scroll!!  I know the picture quality could be better, but I can live with this. :-)
I am now trying to finish up a computer bag a promised for a gift for a friend's wife, then I'm off to make 2 14th century hoods like you can find Here.  Then I also want to work on recreating a page out of the Book of Kells for an event that is coming up in .... oh .... about 3 weeks! 
I also need to get my Christmas decorations down and keep up with the house work, and ...well, you know, life. :-)
I am working on developing a set time everyday where I can sit down and post an entry at least every other day; if not every day. We'll see how that goes. LOL
ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment