Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My past weekend ...

      This past Saturday, the Hubby and I went to a wedding. it was only about a 45 minute drive from our house and was set to start around 11:30; which of course, it didn't. LOL  It was closer to noon, which meant we had plenty of time to look around the stunning house that was the site of the wedding, as well as chat with some fantastic friends before the start of the ceremony.
     Look at this staircase!!!
     Yeah, sorry for the blurry picture, it seems that the low light did not agree with my phone. lol. Do you see that ceiling? I am so enamored with it! It makes me want one in my home...heck, it makes me want to move this house to my to! Ha!

     Here is my husband and I. Don't we look fetching?  I had done some frantic last minute shopping the night before with my best gal Ashley, and her daughter, at a local thrift store and found the perfect skirt, sweater and heels to wear to the wedding!  I had an outfit in mind, but I wasn't as thrilled with it as I became with this one.

     Here is the Bride and Groom, being attended to by the coordinator and some of the wedding party.  Her dress is just so perfect for her!!  So, so lovely!!

     After rushing home from the wedding I helped my 16 year old get ready for his Homecoming dance at his school.  This is a semi-formal that happens near the mid to end of the football season in high schools.  It gives the kids a reason for a fall dance, and parents a reason to spend money. Hehe. As you can see, my son really prefers the SEMI part of the semi-formal.  But, he was just perfectly dressed for his dates dress. :-)
Good Grief! I feel my age every time I realize he is 16. 

     The tie on him is so dashing!!

     We have been having cooler, but bright and sunny days here now for many days. I am loving, loving, loving the cooler air!  And the Monarch Butterflies are on the Move!!
They seem to be loving my butterfly bush right now too!
     Can you count how many? I believe that there are 15 in this picture! And over all, I was able to count up to 20 with out loosing track of who had been counted. I'm sorry if the picture is a little pants. I haven't washed the window in a while, and the screen seems to get in the way of the focus...but anywho, it's still a pretty sight! This is the view right out from the kitchen table, from my spot even. :-D

      Autumn is well and truly on its way in around here.

    Whee!!!!
          Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment