Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wednesday ! Wednesday!! W.I.P.!!!!

  Woo-hoo!!
     It's Wednesday, and I'm actually going to remember to list my Works in Progress! 
     And talk about them. 
     And then I'll actually get it posted while it's still Wednesday!
     Wild, isn't it?

     This will one day be a blanket. One day.
     It is being created with Cascade yarn. I love the jewel tones mixed with that stormy grey.

     I am also working on writing a pattern for a shawl. So far, so good. 
     I think I'm really going to love this one when its done. And this yarn? It is fantastic! It's made from sugar cane and feels just like silk. It's soft, shiney, but it isn't quite as snaggy as silk can get.  Which pretty much makes it perfect! 

     Here you can see its size in relation to my All Shawl that I'm still working on. It's still so little! But the pattern is working up fast! Unlike the All Shall; which is being done in two strands of lace weight yarn.  
     While I love these yarns, and I am sooo excited about this shawl, it is moving sooooo slowly!  It's moving like molasses in January!  

      It's taken two skeins of Malbrigo so far, and I'm thinking I'll want to add about five more...or so. 
     I'm going to make this a pretty big shawl. More to wrap up in.  :-)

     I have also started making some Christmas bunting. 
I love this book! The motifs in it are just so neat looking. 
    The idea of working in all the different ends has scared me a little bit, but I'm going to push past that and just get this done. I can't wait til I'm hanging it on my mantle with our stockings! 

     And then there is this. 
    A lone slipper.
     I need to go ahead and make the other one. Especially since it's gotten really chilly in the mornings here.  Autumn, I'm loving it!

     So, yeah, that's quite a lot of projects on my hooks right now. Whew. I wonder if I can get all but the blanket done by the first of Dec? Hmm. That sounds like a goal! I also have an idea of making a few scarfs, and hats and a shawl for gifts this year too. I guess I really need to get busting on the stitches!

     So, what projects do you have on you hooks, or needles right now?

    Ttfn
        Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment