Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Rainy days ... Now where is my autumn?

     Yesterday was such a rainy day. 
     Although it seems like our butterfly bush is loving the late lasting warmth, and rain.
     Wet. Wet. Wet. 
     And not a bit cold. 
     No chill. 
     No Autumn crispiness to the air. Yet.
     Warm summer air is hanging on here in Georgia. Mostly I love rainy days. If I get to stay home.       All I wanted to do, was have a fire, drink tea and crochet all day. Alas, I had to dash out into the rainy day and run errands, and have lunch with my hubby.  All in all, not too bad a day, even if a wet, soggy one.

     This is one of my project "bags of holding". I love it! The Rose I had crocheted forever ago with a bulky chenille yarn. 

      Inside is some glorious yarn purchased about two years ago. Soft, warm, lovely alpaca fluffy yarn. The colors are in the jewel tones along with a lovely stormy grey, to keep the other colors grounded.

     I have recently picked up this project again in hopes for more cool weather. It's a Grannie Ripple blanket. I will need lots more of this yarn to make it the size I'm aiming for; which I hope will big enough for our king sized bed. I also have hopes of taking it camping. Of course, I'm not sue I'll want to share my blanket. 

    I am so ready for cold weather! 

What's your favorite season?

Ttfn 
    Jenn

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely project bag, and that rose is brilliant. My favourite season is definitely summer, and autumn is my least favourite - all that sogginess and rotting. Although the trees were looking quite spectacular today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-D Thanks so much for the complement on my rose! I would totally write up how I did it, if only I could even remember what it was I did! LOL. I think the main reason I love Autum is because of the Holidays coming up. Halloween, and Yule! Food, candy, food, costumes, food, pies, food, parties, and of course -Food!!
    I of course have just spent two hours read backwards on your blog, and now I know that next year I must have a garden! And an apple tree, pear tree, and cherries!
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete