Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Diva-tastic Weekend

    I've had a fantastic, no, a "Diva-tastic" weekend.
I have a specific small, very, very small group of ladies that I know who get together and sew, or stich, or play with yarn. We got together this Sat for a bit of sewing, food, and most importantly, to watch the newest episode of Dr. Who!

    Muirenn, Dee, and Leonora working on projects.

    Zofia working on her sewing.

    And, Momo, the teen scowling at me for taking her picture. LOL


    Me, Muirenn, and Momo while watching Dr. Who. 
(That's not a tattoo, Momo like to write on her mom; must be a teen thing.)

    Got home pretty late Saturday night, but was still able to get up in time to get ready for church in the morning. Picked up my younger son, Shae on the way.

    I love these water lilys in front of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Athens. The pink to yellow blooms coming up out of the water along with the lily pads floating around them are just beautiful.
    Simply beautiful.

    Last week I discovered the pleasure of crocheting while listening in church, however I also figured out that I need a project that requires very little thought so that I can still actually listen. So once I got back home this afternoon, I headed onto Ravelry. I love this website. Patterns, patterns, patterns galore! I found the perfect pattern by Doris Chan. It's her All Shawl and is offered as a free Ravelry download. 

    The yarn is by Noro and is Cash Iroha in what I believe to be called wisteria. It's a wool, silk blend and is quite soft and is proving to be a delight to crochet with. I'm using a K (6.5mm) hook and getting a light fluffy, lofty feeling fabric with this gauge. 
Yeah, I know, *another* WIP started! but as this is for working on while in church! and my scrummy, scrummy pink afghan is getting too big to work on in public easily, this shawl makes perfect sense. 

    What new projects have you started this weekend?

Ttfn
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment