Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Helping M.A.R.S. and watching Pardus entertain college kids.

      Last night, my husband and I went to one of our local fighter practices.  Our local SCA group has guys that attend the M.A.R.S (Medieval And Renaissance Society) which is the college branch for our group, the Barony of Bryn Madoc.

     We went in garb, and and many of the fighters were wearing theirs too. 
      The group consists of Rapier fighters.

     As well as what we call Heavy fighters. This is my husband, Pardus.

      Here is my hubby again, with one of the MARS guys, and another local Barony member.

     I took along the crochet project that I had started for working on while in church. Yeah, I'm finding that I don't want to put this one down. So, I started another one, but this time in a lace weight yarn. It's proving to be much trickier to work with. But the color! I'll post about that as I get further along with it. :-)
    While at the practice last night one of the MARS guys mentioned that he wasn't going to have time to make a banner for the colleges activities fair this coming Wednesday, so be me, and having a bad case of helium hand, I offered to make one.

     Pretty red flannel cotton material laying about in my fabric stash, with some trim that adds a bit of a wow factor, I'm hoping. 

     And the finished banner! It looks pretty rubbish up close, but back off by about five feet or more, and it looks right nice; if I do say so myself. 
     Well, I'm off to finish cooking dinner for tonight, then the hubby and I are off to our local sca meeting, and I'll pass off the banner to Ray.

Interested in learning more about the SCA? Check out www.SCA.org

Ttfn
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment